Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Red has a Bo Bo


Barry and I went out to the barn this afternoon and we walked out to the paddock. Barry gave red some hay - he took it and walked away! I walked right up to him and put his halter on. I was talking to him and noticed he had a cut below his eye.

I took him over to the washrack and cleaned it and put salve on it. Barry rode him just walking, trotting a little, working on "stay". Afterwards I noticed he had hair knocked off of his back. Don't know what he did to himself...if he was sparring with his paddock buddies or if he hurt himself on something. Red was a little ouchie after riding but he will get better.

I put his alfalfa in for him in his stall and he turned back around to the other feed bucket. I know he was looking for his grain! LOL Edgar showed up with his grain and I gave it to him. He is always glad to see his grain.

No comments: