Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Red is Shod AGAIN





Margaret talked Ronnie into putting shoes on Red. Bless Ronnie's heart - I am grateful! My poor boy was all gimpy!

Ronnie explained more about hooves to me. He said Red's walls were way way way too thin and the hooves were way too short. We need to grow those out. I had Red's shoes he had thrown and gave those to Ronnie. Ronnie fitted them to Red's feet and voila! Red is not gimpy anymore.

Barry and I went out and Rode him this afternoon. It was so much fun to ride him again. He behaves so well. Barry is working on making him "stay" like a dog. When I got off of him he wanted to walk away. I said "no! stay Red" and bless his heart - he stayed.

I groomed him and got him several handsful of alfalfa. That really perks that boy up! On the way back to his stall he was almost trotting in place he was so excited! There was FOOD waiting for him. He behaved though because he is such a good boy!

No comments: