Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Shoes and Idodine Wash and a chase around the paddock

I called Reagan at 8:00 AM this morning and we agreed on 11:00 AM to let the rain pass.  OMGosh is was POURING at 9:00 AM.  I left for the barn at 10:45 and Krystina called at 10:50 to say that Reagan had just pulled in.  I said I am on Spurlock and will be there soon.  I got there and I didn't see Red in his paddock!  LOL  Krystina said she already had him.  He was peering at me over the washrack wall - innocence all over his face.  Krystina said she and LeeAnn had to chase him all over the pasture.  LOL that is almost too funny.  I had told LeeAnn yesterday that I never had a problem catching him at Tyrrell Park - he was all too eager to get out of the pasture/dry lot there!  They had to put Duke up and corner Red.  He had a look of pure innocence on that sweet face.  

Reagan put his shoe back on - he flinched a little but hopefully these shoes will STAY on.  Another $25.  He is a money pit.  I put him in his paddock and he went into his stall - looking for his food!  I then left for Zeno's and Sam's Western Store.  I bought that Kopper whatever it is for thrush in his hooves.  If they smell thrushy - I will hit them with this stuff.  Expensive!  I also got some iodine wash for that fungus on his leg and new reins made of leather.  

I went back to the barn...got alfalfa and walked in front of him.  Offered the alfalfa and put the halter on.  No big deal...of course, Duke was in his stall.  I took him to the wash rack and put the iodine wash on his leg.  I will repeat this evening.  I curried and brushed my boy.  Hair was going EVERYWHERE.  We walked out to the stable yard and I worked on him coming to me.  Of course, he is on a lead rope but every bit helps.  I put him in his paddock and then came back and he let me walk up to him.  I will have to work on getting him to come to me in the pasture.  He really is a pita with Duke in there.  

No comments: