Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One AC arrived and Sarge is trimmed

The One AC arrived yesterday in its own Sterlite container and each little packet stating that it was for Dashing Big Red!

I went to the barn and mixed a little grain with it and Red scarfed it up and was licking the bottom of the bucket. I gave 5 of them to Edgar to give him every morning and I will give him more in 5 days. It was raining a little yesterday so I know Red was comfortable.

Today I went to the barn to check on Red. It was overcast and Red was still out. It was 11:00 AM. Lee Ann hollared that he had been out since 9:00 and I said I was putting him back up because the sun was coming out. He followed me into his stall and he is comfy with his 2 fans that Lee Ann set up for him.

Craig the farrier was there and I talked to him about Red's feet and he is going to take over Red's feet after one more trip to A & M. I asked him about Sarge's feet and said Sarge had been trimmed exactly 4 weeks ago. He only comes to PNR every 6 weeks so we decided to do Sarge's feet today. He knew Ray Langley and he had actually trimmed Sarge several years ago!!! I brought up Sarge and he did a little trim on his feet and it was $30. Now Sarge will be on Craig's rotation. He is a nice young man.

No comments: