Thursday, July 16, 2009

Red's Hot Scrubby Bath

I have done some research on anhydrosis and one report said to open up the pores like in a sauna. I was going to give it a whirl....so I got Red out and tried to regulate the hot water flow and it was either way too hot or not hot enough!! I got it warm and started soaking him down and then got the shampoo and scrubbed him with the little red scrubber.

Barry had walked down and brought Sarge up. He said he was fresh as can be. LOL Sarge has loads of spunk.

Yesterday we went out to the barn and drove down to see Sarge. LOL I left the car running and the lights on. Sarge would only come 1/2 way up and then he took off across his pasture - tail flagging - and spun to a stop and was blowing and snorting hard. I walked down to him and he let me come up to him and give him a peppermint. I did go turn off the car and lights. I think he thought it was a fire breathing dragon. He put on a show several times for us. He is full of personality and we just think he is darling.

Barry said he put on a show today too. I had Red in the center lawn while Barry groomed Sarge. We took the boys down to the arena area and tied them by the tack room. Barry wanted me to saddle Sarge so I did. Sarge has some rainrot on his face so we got the MTG and I was going to put it on his face. He was lifting up his face away from me so I pulled on his halter and growled at him. He stopped his foolishness and listened. I put some of the MTG on Red's back right leg where the sorrel hair meets the white.

I took Sarge's saddle off and put it up. Barry took Sarge down to his pasture and Sadda was giving Barry trash when he went by. Barry stopped and was fussing at him and Sarge was right up in his Kool Aide. He seems to like it when someone gets onto Sadda!! You can almost see him sticking his tongue at at him!

I took Red back to his paddock and picked up his alfalfa going through the main barn. He wanted to crowd a little and I stopped that. I gave him his alfalfa in the paddock and took some into his stall to mix with the little crumbs he left in his feeder. I want him to eat that in particular...that is where the electrolytes are!

I took the leftovers off of the counter and took them out to Red...no since wasting expensive alfalfa!!

No comments: