Saturday, July 25, 2009

Orvus Shampoo for my boy

I trotted to 5 Star Feed today and bought a huge jug of Orvus shampoo. Margaret swears by it so off I trot to buy it for Red. I get out to the barn and call my boy. Here he comes...he is such a sweetie. A tiny bit of sweat behind his ears and under his legs - good. It is not really that hot and it is overcast so he was not panting. Great. Haven't seen panting since before we went to Texas A & M.

I take him into the wash rack and make up a bucket of Orvus. I scrub and scrub my boy...hair clogs the drain at one point. I scrub some more. Clean hooves, scrub mane. I put conditioner in his mane and brush out.

Edgar and Jaime through with a bunch of mares and Red pricks up his ears and puts his nose over the wash rack to see them better. He is such a friendly fellow.

I brush out his tail and by that time he was dry. I had the fans running. I go get his alfalfa and put it in his stall. Edgar had the feed cart in the main barn so I got Red's grain and untied Red and off we went to his stall. He looks great. Shiny coat. He dug into his food with gusto. Bless his heart. I hope his coat continues to improve. I like my boy to look good!

No comments: