Friday, December 3, 2010

What an improvement - Rolling Biscuit!!!!


I went to the barn this morning to ride the Biscuit Man.  Barry was already out there on Sarge.  I got Biscuit out of the pasture and walked him to the barn.  Again, I noted how much his ground manners have improved.

I brushed him and then gave him a treat.  I started with his back hooves and picked both of them with absolutely NO problems.  I think his feet are looking good.  I gave him a treat after each foot.  Then onto the front.  He tried to pull it away after a few seconds but I held on and he let me clean it then he was starting to pull it again so I was through and set it down.  Another treat was giving and lots of Good Boy!!  pats were given out.  I picked up the last foot and he wanted to pull it away but he settled down and let me clean his hoof.  Wow.  What an improvement.

I tacked him up and took him into the arena.  He moves away from the mounting block...I think it is he is just not used to a mounting block because he will stand still for me to mount out in the fields with no problem.  I just have to get him used to a mounting block.  Working on it.  My bride from last week showed up bringing me the stress free.  We talked for awhile and Forest came too and said hi.

I rode him round and round and he is getting better.  I got off and on several times on the mounting block.  I will just have to work at it with him until it is ok for him.  Barry rode him a little and he did a ok job.  Poor guy has just had too many people on him, too many signals, not enough firm discipline for the right things.

I untacked him and Barry held him while I trimmed his whiskers and cut a 1" bridle path.  He wasn't too excited about that but finally realized I wasn't going to hurt him.  I just cut a little tiny path for the bridle - I don't like his hair going everywhere when I tack him up.  It looks funky.

I took him down the road and noticed he didn't crip up once.  I think his tender feet were due to a blunting clip of his feet on the weekend Kenny took him up to Ebenezer the first time I rode him.  Poor baby.   I turned him loose in his pasture and he walked over and layed down to roll and I snapped a video of it.  LOL  it was Rolling Biscuits!





No comments: