Sunday, December 12, 2010

Biscuit goes to Kellies and to the beach

I hauled Biscuit to Kellie's last night so she could haul him to the beach for me.  I got up Saturday morning and drove to Galveston to deliver a wedding cake and then over to Boliver Peninsula to ride.  When I got there Kellie had Biscuit saddled up...what a gal!!!  We rode for an hour and a half - quite a bit of it at a trot.  I think we did about 6 miles or so.  Loads of Portuguese Man O'War's on the beach...they were so pretty - but they sure can sting.  We trotted and he did a jog some of the time.  H wasn't afraid of the water.

He did a great job.  We came through a little slew that ran from up in the housing area down to the water.  It cut a little eddy out.  We crossed two of them.  A guy on a mule and ponying a mule was stopped at the last one coming back and mules didn't want to cross.  We crossed thinking he'd follow - mule he was riding did - ponied mule didn't.  He started braying and it was pretty funny.  Esther's gelding, Hershey kept looking at those mules like "what is it and what is it's problem?!!!".

Right after the mule crossed, Biscuit shook from head to tail.  My Flip camera was flung off so I got off to get it.  I took him to the little eddy area and it was about 3" deep there so I was able to easily get on.  Woot!!!

We got back to the trailer and I had used Kellie's stool to mount.  Sababba got up to it spun around and kicked.  Wow...she is being a little pill.  Sue needs to toughen up on her or she is going to be a hand full.

Kenny said I was making a sissy out of Biscuit making him wear purple!  LOL  I told him The Biscuit was tough enough to wear purple!!!

No comments: