Sunday, December 5, 2010

Trail riding with The Lee Ann's

Barry and I loaded up and headed out.  We side tripped to help Allison get her horse Bobby in the trailer.  That didn't work....he will need practice.  She later got him in and made a short trip.  He loaded 5 times later that day.

Barry and I got out to Tyrrell and I had forgot his bridle.  GAG.  That bites.  He left and I rode with the Lee Ann's.  I am going to get extra bridles for BOTH of us and leave them in the trailer.

We tacked up and I crammed in a sandwich - I shared my crusts with Biscuit.  He likes the crust.  Off we went and he had serious diarrhea...splat splat.  I think it was the alfalfa he had yesterday.  We rode into the woods - he refused to go first.  LOL  he got more forward as the day went on.  We rode through the woods until the first ride away and we went left and down to pick up the trail from there.  We rode that trail because it is my favorite.  I love the twists and turns on that ride.  We came upon the track that Kelly had called the city about - they had at least rolled it up so it is very visible and not a threat.  We rode all the way around and back to the front.  We rode that trail and Lee Ann P was brave enough to try the trails out so we went through the woods to the canal and all the way down to the bridge.  Lee Anne P decided to walk across with Legato and they both did just fine.  We crossed the land bridge and went all the way back to the bayou.  It was such a beautiful fun ride.  So peaceful.  We rode all the way back and they walked across the bridge but I rode across.  I am getting brave.

We rode down the canal and back into the woods.  We trotted all the way back to the barn.  Rogue was leading the way and Biscuit was a little put out that he couldn't just GO liked he wanted.  I worked on that trot/jog.  He is getting so much better.  He used to go like a wind up toy when I would first get on...he doesn't do that anymore.  He is a very good boy. 

We truly had a great time...can't wait to go again.

No comments: