Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snaffle for the Biscuit Man

I went out to the barn this afternoon and got Biscuit.  He is such a sweetie.  His ground manners have improved 1000% since I got him.  I was looking at the snaffles in Lee Anne's cabinet and called her to ask which one to use!  I thought she had already left the barn but she was coming into the tack room!  LOL  She showed me one that she liked and she got Lagatto and we both tacked up. 

I tried to clean his hooves....we did the "hold on to the hoof...he pulls forward and hops on three feet" dance but he did eventually let me clean his hooves.  The back ones are no problem.  It is the front ones but I cleaned them after riding too.  He pulled the hooves then, hopping around, plopping into the wall and we bounced around but I got it done and he was nice about it.  It will just take time.

I put the bridle on and it was too tight so we adjusted it.  We will see how it goes.  I played the dance around the mounting block with him.  Sigh...he can be such a pill.  I got on  and we walked and jogged around the arena for about 45 minutes or so.  He doesn't stop too well with a snaffle.  That is an understatement!!!  He did side pass decently though.  He is trying.  He did toss that head a few times and shakes it like a snake but I got him to settle that down!!!  He just needs work and work is what he is going to get this month.

I am planning on riding Saturday and Sunday.  Since I get off at 1:00 PM now I plan on lunging/riding him every afternoon weather permitting.  I am not overly fond of really cold weather!!!

No comments: