Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Brushy Creek Sunday



We got up Sunday morning and we packed up some of the stuff to go home.  Pretty much everything but the stuff in the refrigerator.  Barry went down and fed the horses early.  We finally went down to tack up for a ride.  I was a little stiff but not too bad.  Better than Saturday morning.  I put Biscuit's hoof boots on him because his feet were tender.

We went into the woods and through the primitive camp.  Crossed the creek and hit the trails.  Lots of ups and downs.  We rode through the creek several times and I took pictures.  Biscuit isn't fond of the sand shifting under his feet but he was a good boy.  He was leading for quiet a bit of the way but moving slow.  I don't think he likes to lead Sarge!  Sarge was being a bit of a toot but mostly he was good.  We rode up and up and up.  All the way to a road and then back down a road.  Did some trotting.  Came to the place where you go around the tree and hanging off the ledge - I didn't want to do that again and thought "go up that hill"  OMG I must have grew a huge cajone.  I went up it and up and up and up.  GOOD GRIEF it was steep and tall.  Biscuit was heaving when we got to the top.  Barry came up behind me.  Then we went down the other side.  I was almost vertical which was kinda scary.  Biscuit did a great job and OMG I had turned off the Contour.  It would have make great footage.  I was so mad!!!

We did do some trotting and Barry was cantering.  Biscuit can't canter behind Sarge - Sarge isn't going fast enough and Biscuit can't go slow enough!!!  We had a fantastic ride and I loved crossing the creeks.  Beautiful scenery, challenging trails.

We got back to the campgrounds and I got off on the truck tail gate.  I had a hard time getting my foot  over Biscuit's back.  OMG  I need to get rid of this pinched nerve.  I took Biscuit and hosed him off.  He and Sarge stood on the wash rack while we put all of the tack, buckets and haybags back in the truck or trailer.  Barry cleaned out the stalls. We ate lunch and packed the cold stuff up and were heading out at exactly 1:00 PM.  It took us 5 hours to get home - we stopped 3 times.







No comments: