Sunday, January 6, 2013

Adam rides The Biscuit

My half sister, Beth, from Georgia and my nephew, Adam, came to visit.  I haven't seen her since she was 7 years old and she is 46.  Dang.  It was so nice to visit with her.  Adam said he'd never rode a horse so I invited them to come out Saturday and ride the Biscuit.

They met Barry and me at the corner store and followed us to the barn.  Barry and Adam went down to get Biscuit and Sarge and LOL they were running all of the pasture from Barry.  He finally caught Biscuit and Adam walked the Biscuit up - he was being a good boy.  Barry finally caught Sarge and brought him up.  Adam got to groom Biscuit.  We tacked up the horses and I got on Biscuit to make sure he wouldn't act like an idiot with Adam.  I rode him round and round and he was being a good boy.  Barry was making Sarge work in the big arena. 

I thought Adam was ready so he mounted up and we changed the stirrups.  He went round and round on Biscuit and Biscuit couldn't have been a better angel.  Kellie and Randy dropped by and we all chatted.  Biscuit kept wanting to go to the center of the arena but I told Adam to make him walk to the edge and around the rail.  He got Biscuit to do what he wanted.  I was thrilled that he got to ride - he seems like such a nice kid - an Eagle Scout at that!!  Wow!






No comments: