Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cleaning a stall...its been awhile

Sunday morning Montezuma visited me and took a revenge for some wrong I obviously committed.  

I was able to go to the barn at 11:30.  I asked Barry to take Red out for grass.  Poor ole guy - his butt was COVERED in horse poop. He stayed out for awhile but Barry is getting sick himself so he didn't want to stay out in the cold weather.  He put Red in the cross ties.  Barry groomed him until the horse poop was gone.   

I started picking up horse hockies with the fork rake thingie.  I pulled up a huge wheelbarrow full of poop.  Picked up the loose dirty hay.  Filled it up with clean shaving - mercy they are full of dust!  

Red was put back in his stall and he loves to see his alfalfa coming!  LOL  he is funny when he sees the alfalfa.  Hay doesn't do the same - but when he sees the green stuff he can't wait to take a bite out of it.

The new horse, Duke, got away from his master.  Ripped the halter and was running around.  Alfalfa to the rescue - he stopped for that!

Later, I went back to the barn.  The sun came out for a little bit.  I talked to John and we discussed my stall being dirty.  I said that I paid for full board and expected to get it - I don't mind cleaning my own stall but that I mind paying for it and then having to do it myself.  

No comments: