Friday, February 20, 2009

Missing Red

I didn't go see Red this morning.  I have a cake to make!

I went Wednesday morning and Barry and I rode Wednesday afternoon.  He rode way before I got there and I only rode 10 minutes or less.  Red was pretty tired when I got there...I had been to Louisiana.  He had skinned his shoulder on something.

Yesterday I turning him out before having to start on my cakes.   I did check on and order a trailer hitch.  I am getting a trailer to go riding as soon as possible.  Anywhoo...he was as messy as can be.  Margaret said he is a pig in horse clothing and I think she is right.  OMGosh he can't stop from rolling in the mud.  He is always filthy no matter how much I brush and wash.

I gave him a bath yesterday and scrubbed as much mud off of him as possible.  He is shedding too, so hair is going everywhere.  I walked him and let him graze on green grass til he dried.  It was a little chilly but he didn't seem to be cold.  He went into his stall before the grain was there.  He had hay but he wasn't interested in that.  Rita dished up his grain and he was ready!  

I came in with his alfalfa and he nibbled it but when back to his grain.  He is gaining weight and looking good.  


No comments: