Monday, February 2, 2009

Red in the Round Pen!

Red goes Round and Round!  
Who has the cutest hinney?  It is hard to tell!!

Red is a dream come true for me.  He couldn't be sweeter and more fun to be around.  I groomed him this morning and put him back in his stall with a flake of alfalfa.  I went back later and he had rolled in the mud when they put them out to clean the stalls.  He was too dirty to ride!  I gave him a rinse off (didn't have shampoo - I will be buying some tomorrow) and we then lunged him.  Later I brushed and brushed him and he ate grass for about 30 minutes on his lead line.  Back in the stall with some hay.  I was going to get his salt block out of the other stall and it was a mess - it has to stay there!  I will buy him another block tomorrow.  

I was looking for a horse trailer today.  I want one so that I can drag Red myself.  A Brenderup will allow me to drag him in the RAV4.  I am on the lookout for one.

No comments: