Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Red is just fine!

I went out to the stables today and had to play the "where is my horse" game!  Looking here, there, to and fro to find Red.  He was in a paddock with Ellen, the little former race horse.  He walked away from me and then stood there for me to put his halter on!  LOL  he was playing hard to get.

Barry saddled him & I told him to go s-l-o-w!!!!  We went into the arena & Barry rode first because the stirrups were at his level.  I rode later and Red did just fine but he is way better when other horses are in the arena or on the trail.  

He had a snack of grass after riding while I got his hay.  He just had a handful of hay...I got him a big ole gob of hay...my boy NEEDS plenty of hay everyday.  There was a about a 1/3 cup of pellets left in his bucket from this morning so that is good.  I added a flake of alfalfa for him so he should be full after all of that!!

Courtney drove up while we were saddling up and she broke her arm poor baby.  I knocked on her door before I left to make sure she was ok.  I told her to call me if she needed me.  

We talked to Paul and Rita and Rita said we could ride Adeo if we would like.  That was so sweet of her.  

I talked to Michael Teskey this morning and my new saddle will be shipped directly from Billy Cook's saddle shop.  Woo Hoo!!!  Can't wait.

Talked to Kay in Austin about a Brenderup trailer.  I believe that is what I am going to purchase.  I called Dupont about financing it.  It will be about 6.5% so I may save 1/2 of the cost and finance the rest so I don't deplete my savings.  It is approximately 14K so it isn't cheap, but I can haul it with my Rav4 and that is important to me.

2 comments:

Jacque said...

I am sooooooo glad your baby is fine!!
I know how terrifying it must have been
to have him drop to his knees unexpectedly!!

Denise said...

I was skeered Jacque!!! It was great to see you too Chickie! It was like a steaming bowl of Wolfe Brand Chili!!! Remember the commercial...how long has it been since you had a bowl of steaming Wolfe Brand Chili? Well that's too long!" and that is what I thought...too long since I had seen you!!!