Saturday, February 14, 2009

Red's Bed is dirty

Went up to the barn this morning and Red's stall smells strong of ammonia. Plenty of horse hockeys all over the place - he didn't eat all of his hay so hay was scattered around. He had 1/2 buckets of water. Sign...I just don't understand why his stall is not cleaned properly. If I wasn't moving him and would speak to the Barn Manager about it.

Barry and I went up in the country and picked up Archie. We visited with Archie yesterday. He called me yesterday morning and we stopped and visited with him after looking at the gelding Davey. He asked if we wanted to go up to Center and look at some reining horses so that is what we did today. We ate at Martin's Mexican Food in Jasper (pronounced Marteens) and then up the country we went to Hemphill area. Omgosh is it pretty up there. Arch's friend wasn't home but the land was gorgeous and I would love to have it.

We came back home and went to the barn to check on Red. Stall still dirty. He was eating and there was plenty of fresh hay in his stall. I gave him his suppliment and got his alfalfa. Alfalfa must be ice cream to a horse. He can't wait to get his first bite of it. I stuck it in his bucket and he was so funny! He stuck his nose way way way down in the bucket to scarf it up.

Courtney's litte mare was trying to stick her nose into the stall to get some of his alfalfa so I gave her a bite, which she scarfed up. Red actually laid back his ears at her but didn't snap at her - she couldn't get it anyway but he was a little concerned about it!

I will clean his stall myself tomorrow if it is not cleaned in the morning. I do not want him standing in a dirty stall. That is just nasty.

No comments: