Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Visiting Plum Nearly

I went to the stables today.  Duke didn't have water so I gave him some.  I gave Red hay.  I left but returned before I got too far.  It was cold and blustery but decided to put him out anyway.  I put him in the pasture behind the second barn.  I had to laugh at him.  He was striding out when I was leading him but he was still well mannered.  I turned him loose and he trotted off then busted out galloping and threw in a little buck.  He ran full blast toward me, swerved, bucked up and slid to a stop!  LOL  He carried on a little but then dropped and rolled.  He came up to let me pet him...he is so sweet.  

Bridgett's MIL told me that Bridgett and Bryan had just got off the boat and were on their way home.  She said she told Bridgett that she should expect calls from Fern, Rita and Denise.  I didn't call her.

I left the stable and went to visit PNR.  I spoke to Courtney and Lee Ann.  They showed me the stall for Red and Duke is going too!  They will be stable mates.  I can't wait to get him there.  They have two hot walkers, covered arena, etc.  I talked to Lee Ann about Dressage and taking the lessons.  I said it would help with my confidence that had taken a beating when I fell.  She said the same had happened to her and she really understood.  I am so looking forward to getting my confidence back.  

I asked if she was familiar with Brenderup trailers.  She said she knew people in Europe that used them and loved them.  I am going to get on of those!

Later I went to the barn.  Barry lunged Red in the arena and my goodness it was sloppy.  Too wet to ride!  

Barry left and I was grooming Red.  He is shedding out and was pretty dirty.  Bryan and Bridgett came out.  Bryan came up and talked to me and apologized for the stalls.  I realize they left someone else in charge that did not do their job and I told him that.  H said the buck stopped with them.  I said that I knew that and that I did expect the stall to be kept clean as that is what I paid for.  I said that I knew that they had left someone else in charge to do it but that I wouldn't let Red stand in a dirty stall - they can get thrush and all kinds of yuk from standing in a dirty surroundings.  Bridgett said she had asked the employee if she could handle it, got her a planner to write what was needed, etc.  

I said that he was fed and and I took care of the rest.  I guess it all worked out.  Red got his alfalfa and that puts a smile on his face!

No comments: