Monday, February 9, 2009

Red Stayed in today

It was nasty out today and I didn't want Red out in the rain so he stayed inside today. Courtney and I went up to Margaret's today and I took cake to her and Ronnie. She and Courtney LOVED the cake and LOL so did Floyd the giant Great Dane and Buck, the Rhodisian Ridgeback. Margaret said Floyd generally wouldn't eat anything sweet - I don't think Betsy would either - but he was scarfing up the French Vanilla cake!!

We did go out to see the babies - we gave the little filly a soft pat and then in the back, Butterbean, Cub and my little friend, Bones. I just love Bones. He is going to be a GORGEOUS Quarter Horse when he is grown. He literally has a perfect Quarter Horse back. Red has high withers where Bones doesn't, just a smooth flat back. Darling Darling Boy.

Barry helped me pack up the first saddle and we took it to UPS in Beaumont and shipped it back to Teskeys. I spoke to John and told him it was shipped and that I appreciated their wonderful customer service. He said they appreciated my business - I would recommend Teskey's to anyone!

We stopped at the stables and were going to lunge Red but he was eating and that boy is serious about his feed! This morning was the FIRST time he left hay in his stall. Margaret said that the week she had him while Barry had surgery it was hard to fill him up. He was HUNGRY. They weren't feeding him enough hay. Just a little swirl that amounted to a tiny salad. Courtney gave him a flake of her good hay and I gave him the rest of the alfalfa which was probably a flake and a half.

He looked terrific. I got my soft wash scrub mit thingy and was brushing him. His coat really shines now that he had a bath. He was filthy with dust. Even though he has been rinsed off he hasn't had a bath since he was at Margaret's a week ago. He got a good bath yesterday!

I called the farrier today and he is supposed to come either tomorrow or Wednesday. I want to talk to him about Red's feet so I can learn more to make sure that he has what he needs, when he needs it.

I enjoy taking care of Red. He makes my day!

No comments: