Sunday, February 8, 2009

My new Saddle arrived!!!


On Thursday evening my new saddle arrived from Billy Cook. God bless them. It is a little different than the one I had - it has a black seat but I really like it.

Barry and I went to the barn Friday and rode. It fits better! I took this picture of Red with Barry. I got some new scrapbook files too!

Saturday Barry rode Red with spurs and said he greatly improved and really moved. I went out to see Red after delivering my wedding cake. What a sweetie!

Today I met Barry out there. He played golf and I had a cake consultation. I brought McDonalds for lunch. Betty came to see Red so this was her first time to see him. I rode him and he was being a little stubborn about backing up in the saddle. I got off and got his attention and backed him up, walked, backed him up. Still, in the saddle, he could have been more responsive. He backed by not like he should have.

Barry rode and so did Kelsie. The Wilsons came to visit too! Red had quiet a little spectator audience going! LOL

He worked up a good sweat and was breathing kinda hard - he is not in great shape but we are working on that.

I gave him a shampoo bath and he was scrubbed up with lather. He is starting to shed and when I had brushed him before saddling him, hair was flying! I scrubbed and scrubbed him to get as much dirt out as possible. I rinsed him and scraped the water off. After that I let him graze in the clover for about a hour or so. I put him up and gave him his suppliment and Courtney fed him. She is going to start giving him a 1/2 scoop more of oats. I gave him plenty of coastal hay and a flake of his alfalfa. I will have to go get some more alfalfa on Tuesday in Louisiana.

I called about a horse for Barry. He needs one. I am going to look at one up in Hillister tomorrow. Bigger than Red and rides English and Western.

I am going to go trail riding with Cindy up in Fred next weekend. Woo Hoo. Can't wait!

I need a trailer and am seriously considering purchasing one pretty darn soon. I want Barry to get a horse so that we can ride together instead of taking turns in the arena!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Saddle looks great Denise!! So is Barry gonna trade his hawg for a horse? ;-)