Thursday, March 8, 2012

Saddle issues and concerns

I spoke with Traci today about my saddle.  She suggested getting a Skito Pad with the shims to raise it up in the front.  I think I may have to do that or get a thicker pad.  That would help.  I don't really want to buy a new saddle because he could change shapes again.  So I think a Skito pad will probably be the way I go.  I just need to decide how thick of a Skito I will need.  They come in 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1.5" and 2" pads.

I had bought a Skito for Red thinking it would help his saddle fit problem with the Billy Cook saddle but it turned out that the saddle was the problem - not Red's back!!!  I sold the bridging Skito to Stable Spirit when we had the tack sale. 

I regret selling that and my Aussie Saddles.  I think Randy is right - don't sell tack!!!  As soon as you do you will need it!!!

No comments: