Friday, August 31, 2012

Barefoot Trimming on Biscuit

Kellie and I are going riding on Friday so I pulled Biscuit up on Thursday to do his feet.  I just checked how long it had been at it was 4 weeks.  OMG his feet were LONG.  I got all of my stuff out but was missing a glove.  My gloves are full of holes in all the wrong places so it really didn't matter.  I need new gloves!

I started to work on his feet and he was such a good boy.  Truly the best he has ever been having his feet done.  I rasped the first one and then switched to nippers.  His hoof walls are thick and his soles were hard so it is always surprising that Biscuit is tender footed.  It took me about 50 minutes and that included getting my stuff out.  I gave him several handfuls of alfalfa during the process so I could give my back a break.  OMG I was pouring sweat off of my face.  Anyhoo......he has that nasty crack back in his back left hoof and his front left  was frayed like old fiberglass.  I was able to smooth that one nicely.  I have decided to start doing his feet every Monday so I am not killing myself to get them done!!





This picture of Sarge and Barry was taken on Tuesday.  Could he be any cuter?  He was kissing Barry up!!!

No comments: