Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trimming Sarge

I got Biscuit out of the pasture and put him on the washrack.  I rinsed him off and brushed his mane and forelock.  I was supposed to take a lesson with Alison but she wasn't able to make it so I went and got Sarge and brought him up to do his feet.   His tail was matted from  him rubbing his backside.  I put a ton of Cowboy Magic on it and slowly brushed it out.  I rinsed him off and brushed his mane.  Such a sweet boy!  Lee Ann wanted to do Sadda's feet so I put Biscuit in the other side of the little arena.

She brought Sadda up and he snorted at Sarge once and then shut up.  He and Sarge had a run in when we first got Sarge and after that Sadda wouldn't charge at Sarge.  I started on Sarge's feet - he has nice feet but he will pull them away from me.  I used the nippers on his feet.  OMG it is hard work and I was sweating to beat the band.  I stopped in the middle of it so Lee Ann could use the hoof stand.  I was more than glad to take a break.  Started back and I think I did a pretty good job.  I took them back one at a time.  They are both so sweet!!!

No comments: