Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fabulous Ride with my cousin Kellie!!!

What a fantastic day!!  Kellie and I made plans to ride all over Tyrrell Park.  I got out to the barn and down to the pasture and called the horses...yeah...right lady...we see that trailer...it isn't happening!! 

I walked out in the field but they both ran back and forth.  I was able to get Sarge and walked him up to the front hoping Nick would follow - ugh...no...I took hay out there in the bag and he looked at the hay and then looked at the trail...still no can do Lady.  He is VERY smart.  I took Sarge up to the front and Susan H. called and said that she'd help me catch him!!!  LOL  I put Sarge in the front arena (I am sure he was wondering why he was being punished!)  Sue came and we went down there with same feed.  I was finally able to get him and walked him up to the front.  He loaded up nicely after coming out once.  I put a "treat" in there of a little feed.  It took me ONE HOUR to do all of that. 

I left for the park and Kellie had just got there.  Elan had been stomping and kicking in the trailer this morning.  Kellie and I sat down and ate our lunch early and drank a coke.  LOL  Nick likes the crust of the bread but not potato chips.  Elan likes the crust and the potato chips.  I shared my crusts with the horses so the sandwich went fast!  I mounted up and Nick was wanting to "GO" and I had to slow him down.  He listened to me.  We rode out and went behind the golf course and all the way around the reservoir and then to the left down the side of the canal.  The vegetation was HIGHER in some places than our heads!  We got to the golf course and had to go down a hill that we couldn't see how deep the ditch was.  Kellie got off (she has rode there a zillion times) and it wasn't that deep and so she crossed and Nick and I followed.  We crossed that section of gold course on the greens ( didn't see any golfers!) and then up a hill and down the canal again til we were in very front of park property.  We had to go around a gate that was locked and we got off because there was just a little tiny 2 foot area before it dropped off into a deep ditch.  LOL  I stood on a rotten log that I rolled out to get back on.  Nick stood very still so I could get on.  He is being such a good boy. 

Sue drove by right then as we were coming to the road and we met her back at the trailers and she was tacking up Sababba.  Kenny, Traci and the girls drove up and we visited and talked and I unlocked my Rav so Kenny could get his bridle.   We talked about the Cowboy Church getting the stables and that would be great if Kenny did that.  I told him it needs to be ran by someone with business sense.  Finally had Sababba ready to do and off we went to the trees.  We rode all through the woods and trotted a bunch too.  Woot.  Nick is funny as he can be...he will lead out and then stop and won't budge no matter how hard I kick...he wants Elan to go when he feels uncertain.  LOL  He is a good boy.  We went to some of Kenny's Cowboy Church but I think the music was making Nick a little uncertain - he spooked when Kellie reached for her phone.  LOL  I took him over to the bleachers and got back on.  Sue's horse stepped on reins and popped the leather so she went back to her trailer and was going home.  Kellie and I hit the trails again and rode all the way to the back and down the side of the canal til we got to the new rideaway and we rode down that to the gravel road and then back into the woods.  We trotted trotted trotted.  Woot!!!  What a fun day.  We went back to the trailers and loaded up. 

What a great day!

No comments: