Thursday, November 11, 2010

Going out alone

Went out to the barn and loaded up my tack...loaded up Nick.  Hauled out to Tyrrell Park and unloaded near the woods past the stables.  Nick was so well behaved!!!  I brought my little step stool to get on and was successful.  Off we went into the woods.  Woot a fall day ride with my new buddy.  He stopped and just stood there for a minute or so and then went on.  We went around towards the stables and kept going.  We got out around there and he stopped.  When I say he stopped I mean he S.T.O.P.P.E.D!  As in refused to move.  I kicked, I waited I clucked I turned him in circles.  I kicked some more, I clucked some more (it is a wonder I didn't lay an egg!)  I took my latigo off my saddle and popped him with it.  Still just STOOD there.  I finally got off and he followed quietly.  I thought maybe there was something in the woods bothering him.  Ugghhh no....he was fine.  I walked about 100 yards are more.  I went to get on and saddle rolled so I had to push it back on.  I stood by a tree with a incline and was able to get on...it was a struggle but I made it.  LOL I saw my phone on the ground and picked it up...it wasn't my phone - someone else got off their cranky horse and dropped their phone!

Still...he just stood there.  OMG I think he is autistic.  He wouldn't budge.  I popped him again a few times with the latigo and finally he started going.  I headed back to the trailer.  He stopped again on the way but I was able to get him to go after turning.   He can flex at the poll!  Wow he has a head like a rock.

I was sitting on the trailer well and Nick was standing there quietly and I was telling Kellie about my autistic horse when I saw a car slow down and roll towards me.  I told Kellie that someone was coming up and this black lady rolled down her window and said "Can I ride your horse?"  Sham wow!  I said "He isn't behaving very well today so sorry no."  She asked "What kind of horse is that?"  I answered Quarter Horse and she said "What?"  I answered again that it was a Quarter Horse.  Wow.  I couldn't believe she asked me that!  She wasn't a kid - like I'd let a stranger ride my horse!

I hauled him back to the barn and he ate in the trailer going down to the pasture.  I unloaded him and put him up.

I talked to Lee Anne P. about what happened and we discussed me riding him down the ranch road by himself and then out to the back.  He probably has never been ridden by himself.  I would like to make little Tyrrell Park rides by myself so I am going to work on that!

No comments: