Monday, November 1, 2010

Pac is officially mine

I called Kenny today and we came to an agreement on Pac.  I am now the owner of a 9 year old palomino gelding named P.A.C. which stands for "Piece a' Cake".    I need to take Pac to Dr. Schneider to have his teeth floated.  He is in BAD need of dental care. 

I need to get him a bridle that is right for him and work to get him trained to do what I want him to do...sidepass, back up, turn on the haunches and forequarters and go smoothly into a lope.  He and Sarge need rabies shots so I need to arrange for those. 

I went to the barn yesterday and worked with him a little bit and rode Rogue!  I can get on Rogue from the ground!  Woot!  I am going to work at getting on Pac so that I can come and go at will. 

Kellie sent a message that she would like to ride at the beach so we might do that this Sunday.  I have to deliver a wedding cake at 3:00 PM in Orange.  It is a damask cake.  If I can get it through by Friday night I will be able to go riding Saturday morning.   I know I will ride Sunday if the weather permits.  I think I am off next Wednesday too so I may ride then.  I want to work on his skills so that we become partners and buddies.

No comments: