Sunday, November 28, 2010

We have a name that will STICK!!!!!! Biscuit!!!

Well, butter my butt and call it a Biscuit....Lee Ann B came up with a name for The Other Horse - Biscuit.  He is the color of a biscuit...Susan suggested Biscotti - Kellie said Scotty - Lee Anne said Biscuit and Biscuit it is.  I like it.  Maybe even Honey Biscuit or Biscuit n' Honey...how about that?  Full name "Biscuit 'n Honey"  He was a total sweetheart today.

I got to the barn and had to go all the way out to the pasture.  He walked away from me once but I was able to catch him fairly easily.  I walked him up to the front and brushed him off.  I got him some hay.  I loaded him up and then we loaded Rogue up!  He walked in fairly easily with Lee Ann leading him.  Woot!  That was wonderful.  We hauled to Tyrrell and tacked up.  Biscuit was behaving nicely but many times he moves when I go to mount.  Lee Ann held him by the side of the trailer and I got on.  Normally he is like a wind up toy when I first get on but not today.  Calm as a cucumber and quiet as could be.  We rode into the woods and there is a red bin that is a trash piece and Elan startled at it, Biscuit just kept on going, Sababba went up to it and then SPOOKED and all the horses behind her spooked!  We went out of the woods down by the canal and went all the way to the bridge and over it.  We went across the land bridge over the other canal and we rode all the way to the bayou.

The perfect foil for each other - Biscuit and Elan

The canal from on top of the bridge

Susan, Kellie and Lee Ann coming across the bride single file

Susan and Kellie

Kellie near the bayou

Lee Ann near the bridge


Biscuit coming across the bridge
All that is left of a little pig!!!!

Biscuit on the bridge

Sababba

Sharon and Robin coming across the bridge

view to the east of the bridge

Entering the bridge from the south

from the land bridge looking towards the shooting water pipe

Water lilies on the canal

Sharon, Eli, Stacy and Robin

Susan and Sababba

Lee Ann
GAAAAA.....we came upon the remains of a little pig that wasn't there 2 weeks ago.  Hair everywhere and a few bones and feet.  That was it!!!  Elan stopped dead in his tracks and so did Biscuit.  LOL he was actually to the left of it and side stepped to the right and went by it.  To the left was FULL OF HAIR and I think it freaked him out just a little.

We rode all the way to the bayou and I ate my sandwich back there and my little cup of chips and drank part of a coke.  We started back and we got up to the canal and trotted all the way to the curve.  Woot!!!  What fun!  We went over the land bridge and headed back.  Robin and her group wanted to get back quicker and wend down the road.  The Little Gorilla Elan doesn't have his shoes on so he can't walk on the rocks.  Kellie cantered him a little down the wide opening beside the canal and said he did a great job and feels like "the old Elan" before he had to have shoes.  Lee Ann, Susan, Kellie and I went down the side of the canal - trotting most of the way.  We went into the woods by the street and started trotting.  We trotted half way there and Biscuit spooked and shot to the right - a tree stump scared him!  LOL but he didn't freak out and I didn't come off of him or anywhere near coming off.  Started trotting again and trotted all the way to the stables.  We beat Robin and her group back!  LOL

We talked to Kenny and Tracey at the stables.  Hoping that goes through so we can have the stable to use.  I got a Rockin' R Tee shirt from Kenny - hope it fits.  It was just $12. We took off again and headed for the trailers and when we crossed the little street bridge Kellie cantered Elan to the trailer...soft, slow, smooth as glass.  That puts a big ole smile on her face.

We took the tack off and I passed out treats to my favorite boys, Biscuit, Elan and Rogue.  We looked at Stacey's "new" trailer and we all headed out after loading up the horses.  Rogue loads easily into the Brenderup!  Woot!

We hauled back to the barn and I pulled down the ranch road and unloaded the boys - Lee Ann said that was terrific curb service.  We are going riding again Sunday - can't wait!

No comments: