Friday, March 13, 2009

Hoof Flex

I trotted out to the stables today around 11:30 or so. Red and Duke were both out and it was NASTY weather. I haltered Red and took him to the wash rack. I brushed and brushed him and he is shedding like an old teddy bear. He is still fuzzy so it will take a while to slick him out.

I got out the Hoof Flex I just bought and a scrub brush. I will need to get one of those! I cleaned his hooves with the scrub brush to remove mud on the top of hoof. I picked the frogs and used the brush to clean them off as best as possible and then used the brush to "paint" on the Hoof Flex which is an oil almost like corn oil. I don't like the looks of his hooves/frogs so I am on a mission to make his hooves/frogs better.

They switched to feeding 3 times a day so he was more than happy to go to his stall for a snack at lunch time.

I went to Starbucks for a latte and was just about to call Kay about the Brenderup when she called. Talk about mental telepathy. The weather is so nasty and Honey Darling Precious did not feel well so we didn't go try the trailer. That bites. I NEED a trailer. It will be a month before I can go down there now....the really bites...but I have to work for SW and I have 3 weddings back to back so time to do this is short.

The only way is after a wedding leaving for Austin and having Kay open up on a Sunday. That may happen. I really want to get a trailer and make some of the trail rides that are coming up.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I know you'll get those hooves right! Hope you get your trailer soon!