Sunday, March 29, 2009

Red likes the water!

We picked up Red this morning and trotted up to Ronnie and Margaret's. Archie was already there and Margaret's grandson, Dawson was there too. We got Red out of the trailer and Margaret and Ronnie both thought he looked terrific and had put on weight. I tied him up and gave him his to-go bucket of grain Sergio had prepared for him. That was so sweet of Sergio! Red scarfed up his dinner, dropping grain like he always does.

We all sat around and shot the breeze while the crawfish were cooking. We all had a piece of chocolate cake that I made - I made a Triple Chocolate Cake with fudge filling and cherry pie filling and then iced in chocolate. It was really good and I don't even like chocolate that much.

The corn, potatoes and sausage was so good and Barry and everyone else really enjoyed the crawfish.

Margaret saddled Easy and Barry and I saddled up Red. Barry rode him to show Margaret what he had been learning and Margaret rode him a little. She said he was doing great - we adjusted his bits a little looser...they have been tighter and looser...still working on the best placement. Margaret and I went off on a ride. Easy was, at first, acting like a spastic - he was startling and backing up and side stepping into Red. LOL Red was stepping quick to get out of his way. LOL We got a little way down and Margaret wanted him to go through the water on the side of the road. He was not to sure and was just looking at it. Red was side stepping but when Easy went so did he. LOL I guess Margaret told him to get with the program when she rode him. He walked in the water which was a hoot. He usually acts like water is going to eat him. We went down the road and up another. We went through water several times and once it was fairly deep - up over his ankles...he wanted to paw it! LOL I was amazed because Red generally has hissies over water!!! We walked through several mini streams and standing water. I was so proud of him!! He stepped once in what looked like solid ground and he sunk down deep - but he was ok and did just fine.

He trotted when I asked for trots, backed up when I asked for a back up, turned and did just wonderful!

When we got back it was time to go. We had a blast. Cleaned the horse poo out of the trailer at PNR. Some was growing oats - LOL I don't know if Bruce cleans that rascal but I gave it a cleaning. Gave Red his suppliment and his alfalfa. That makes him a happy camper.

We were talking to Bruce and he said he got his first horse from my BIL John...a brown mare - lol it was GAL!!!! That was the last horse I owned before Red. I wondered what happened to her and Bruce said he sold her for 3K to someone for their kids. She would have been terrific for that - she was so gentle and sweet. Barry always said she was a glue pot and I told him I didn't want to hear that anymore!

We might go next weekend and watch Bruce rope in LaPort. Heck...that will be fun! I can't wait to get a trailer so I can go where I want - when I want. Margaret and I talked about going to the beach to ride. That would be so much fun!

No comments: