Friday, March 6, 2009

Groomin' Red -


I went to the stable twice today. Red and Duke seem to get along ok but Duke is all up in his kool aide and Red is not too thrilled with that.

I went back this afternoon and took Red out of his stall. He had already ate his grain and I took him out to the grooming shed. I started grooming him and a young girl and her parents were there for lessons with Christina. It turned out to the the HR person with Barry's job. Barry had told her about PNR. She though Red was so pretty and he is!

I combed him with PNR's comb rake thingy and his hair is coming out left and right. I brushed and brushed him and he is really getting shiny.

I show him the hoof pick and tell him "we are going to do your hooves" and he will pick up those hooves like a dream. He speaks good English! When I get to the back hooves he cocks them up so he knows what he is supposed to do.

I spoke to Margaret today and told her about the dog! LOL she said "oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you, Red doesn't like dogs!" She said that Mr. Fontenot (Red's original owner and breeder) said when she bought him that the only thing he didn't like was dogs. They don't seem to bother him unless they get up in his Kool Aide and then he lets them know!

I spoke to Kay about the Brenderup trailer. Barry and I are going to Austin Thursday and look at the trailers on Friday and I will make my decision then. I can't wait to get a trailer and be able to haul Red to Tyrrell park. I went to Tyrrell today and spoke with Bridgett and said that as soon as I get the trailer I will be hauling him there to ride!!!

Here is a new picture I made of Red and me.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I love this pic of you and Red!!

BTW...I have tagged you for a meme on my blog.

:-)