Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's a sad day




Rest in Peace to our sweet Betsy. Betsy has been going down for quiet awhile but was still in good spirits and she could get up and move easily and would eat her food. This past week it was not good. She was bleeding from her abscess more and more and her eyes were dull and tired. Yesterday she did not want me to look at it or move her leg. She twice snagged my arm with her mouth to let me know it hurt. That breaks my heart.

We made the decision to put her down Friday, March 20, 2009. I spent the day off and on checking on her and loving her up and choking up. Barry and the boys took her and Morgan met them up there at the vet. Betty was here with me working on cakes. The boys dug her grave and Barry said she went easy and quiet. The vet said she obviously had been well taken care of to have lived 13.5 years. We all were in tears. Barry gently picked her up and placed her softly in her resting place. I had tucked her legs up and patted her one last time. We remembered the good times with her and some of the funny things she did like dragging home a 10 lb turkey, jerking Devin down and ripping the butt out of his pants on a regular basis. She always had a sweet look and a wag of her tail for my brides - even those who called from the car to say "there's a big dog on the porch!!! Will she bite?" No... Betsy didn't bite but I am sure there are those who decided not to test that theory. The house doesn't seem as safe without her. She is gone but not forgotten.


Barry's Birthday Betsy
November 23, 1996 - March 20, 2009

We will always love and cherish your memory

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Oh Denise, it is so heartbreaking to lose just a dear friend. You will meet again on the Rainbow Bridge. My heart breaks for you and you are all in my thoughts.
Much love,
Jacque

Heather said...

I'm so sorry about your baby honey pie.

Denise said...

Thanks y'all. I appreciate the kind words.