Thursday, March 12, 2009

Red loves his alfalfa



Today I purchased Hoof Flex for Red along with a bail of alfalfa at the Vinton Feed Store. They are so nice there. I went out to the barn at 5:35 or so and the gates were already shut. Everyone was gone. It was wet and nasty out there. I went into his stall and he was looking for a treat. I went and got his alfalfa and he couldn't wait to eat that. He was eating right off the flake like there was no tomorrow. He is so funny. I put it in his feeder and he stuffed his nose in and away he went. He had to blow his nose when alfalfa went up his nostrils. He doesn't notice anything when alafalfa is involved. Well, he is really worried that Duke may get a bite but other than that he is munching quiet happily.

I snapped this picture with my cell phone. It was actually pretty dark in his stall so it didn't come out too good. It was cold in there too! I didn't stay long but will go out tomorrow to check on my boy and dress his hooves with Hoof Flex.

1 comment:

Heather said...

He's such a happy spoiled rotten boy Denise!