Thursday, March 26, 2009

Red acts like an idiot

We went out to the stable today and it was raining. I got a flake of alfalfa and we went to his stall. Barry made him back up and then we let him get a bite of the alfalfa. I put it in his trough and he jerk his head back and spun around back toward the door like someone had whopped him. He did that twice. I don't understand why he is acting that way - he never did that before. It was raining and loud on the tin roof and had been lightening and thundering so maybe he was all jumped up but it is so out of character for him.

Tomorrow I will go in his stall first without the alfalfa and love him up and make sure he is calm before bringing the alfalfa. I will cut the alfalfa in half if needed. Barry says he acts like an idiot for alfalfa - must be the treat of all treats for a horse!

I am going to call Bruce tomorrow to see about borrowing his trailer Sunday. We are invited to Margaret and Ronnie's for a crawfish boil. I am bringing the potatoes, onions, lemons, and sausage - plus cake! We will get there around 11:30 or so and Margaret and I at least, will get in a ride. I am looking forward to it. I so need my own trailer. I don't like having to borrow one!

2 comments:

Heather said...

If he didn't act a little foolish sometimes he wouldn't be a man now would he, or a horse, :)
I'm so glad he's going to get to go trail riding!

Denise said...

That is so true Heather!!

We went to my cousin's to get the trailer and we are ready to go!