Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Seeing Red

I felt good enough to go out to see Red for a few minutes. I wanted to go to work but soon realized I was not too well! I got exhausted in just a few minutes. I kept getting overheated and breaking out in a cold sweat. UGH. I went back home and rested. I made a simple dinner of roast chicken and macaroni and cheese.

Barry put a ring of granite chunks around Betsy's grave and made her a headstone that had her name on it. It is behind the yellow flower bush thingy that Betsy loved to walk under - especially when the insects are bad. She used it as her own fly swatter! Barry covered the top of her grave with clean sand and we are going to plant some pretty flowers like periwinkles there. She is missed so much. Driving up to the house is not the same...she is not on the porch or sitting at the gate watching guard. She is missed.

After dinner I went out to the barn for a few minutes to see Red and take him his alfalfa. He dug into it like he always does. He sometimes throws it around and tosses it up, down and around. I was standing about a foot away from the feed trough and he picked some up and literally threw it on me! LOL I had alfalfa sticking out of my hair, all over my shirt and down my shirt. If it had been filmed people would have that it was trick photography or a gag. He kept right on munching but I think he was laughing his hinney off all the same. He is really slicking out and looking terrific. He still has plenty of fuzz from right behind his front legs back but his chest and neck are slicking out nicely. He will look terrific in a month or so.

I just stayed a few minutes and left. I was tired. I have rested this afternoon and will work tomorrow. Hope I feel better!!

No comments: