Monday, March 9, 2009

Tough Chicken and Riding Red

LOL  I put 1/2 frozen chicken thighs on to bake at 300 degrees and went to the stables with Barry.  We got Red out and I was grooming him and  Barry decided to ride.  I had to brush Red first - he had a big bite mark on his neck with two blood spots that were fresh so I guess Duke bit him.  Barry saddled Red up and we went in the arena.  He rode Red and worked on his reining.  He is doing a great job on reining now.  He is so smart.   I asked Christina when the farrier was coming out and he should be there tomorrow.  I will stop on my way to work and ask about Red's feet.  They don't need to be trimmed yet but I just a have a few questions.  I will also pick him up some hoof flex tomorrow.  

We met Christina's husband this evening and enjoyed talking with them.  They are a sweet young couple.  I brushed Red and we took him to eat grass.  I had already put his suppliment in his feed and put the alfalfa in there.  I wanted him to totally cool down before putting him back in the stall.  He enjoyed munching the tall grass out there while he dried off.  I enjoy that time with him.

LOL  I didn't have socks on and had a heck of a time getting the pink boots off!  I had to have Barry help me and we ended up laughing like crazy because I though he was going to upend me...that would have bit!

We went home and the chicken was dried up like jerky!  We had a very chewy dinner and Betsy got most of it!

No comments: