Friday, March 27, 2009

Grooming Red

I went out to the barn to day while Sherry was cleaning the house. Red was sweating under his mane and he was shedding. I got him out and brought him to the wash rack and brushed and groomed him. He is really shaping up and looking terrific. Krystina and I were setting him up square. It has been ages since I taught a horse to set up. I would like to show him in showmanship or something next year. That would be a blast. It was so HOT out there and humid as can be. I was sweating like crazy.

Barry went out to ride this afternoon and I went out there after going to Zeno's to get a container of fondant. I went to the barn and Barry was trotting Red up the back road. I tried getting on and was able to get my foot in the stirrup but should have tightened the saddle. I might have been able to get on! I will keep working on it. We took Red over to groom him. He is shedding left and right and I used a curry comb on him and scrubbed and rubbed. It is a good massage for him and helps get the hair off. I brushed his mane, tail and forelock and he looks terrific. Such a pretty boy. I used water to wash out his hooves and I did pick them up and check them. They look pretty good but he needs to wear those bell boots!

No comments: