Sunday, March 8, 2009

I ride at Plum Nearly for the first time


I rode out at PNR for the first time today. I didn't want to ride Thursday and Friday. If I get hurt, who would make my cake? I owe it to my brides to NOT get hurt. So today I went to the stables and got Red out. I groomed him first and poor darling, he stands pretty good while I brush, brush, brush! Miss Jean came out and talked with me - what a charming woman she is!

I saddled Red up and I was standing in the courtyard talking with Christina as she waited for a lesson student to arrive. Morgan and Tessa arrived, too.

Red and I went into the area and I mounted with the mounting steps. We worked in the arena for quiet awhile. He is reining so well! He amazes me. He did stumble once and I thought he was going to fall flat on his face. I don't think there is anything wrong except he doesn't pick up his feet in the arena! We worked on stopping by voice command, backing up, reining, trotting til I say stop, turning and side stepping to the fence - wow wee, we worked quit a bit.

Barry arrive and he worked Red, too. Miss Jean came out to meet Barry and we chatted some more.

Barry left and Christina and LeAnne #2 were going out in the pasture and I wanted to go but I needed to get home for the taxes. UGH. I washed Red off (no soap) and led him down the shell road to stand knee deep in hay and eat! He dried while munching. I took some pictures of him that were so cute! I groomed him and put him up. He is so pretty!!

No comments: