Monday, August 24, 2009

My little step stool!!!

What a hoot. I bought a little folding step stool yesterday to help me get on Red. It will fold flat and I could pull it up to my saddle. Well...the best laid plans of mice and men...I go out to the arena, standing on the stool, put my foot in and try to push up. Saddle slips down. I push it back in place and Barry is saying, "your going to pull a muscle!" I try again and push hard, a muscle in my left leg screeches like a banchee - I almost go over and think for a minute I am going to bust my fat butt on the other side. LOL I am struggling to straighten myself and finally manage. I told Barry, RUB MY LEG!!!! I am sure Red thought I was an IDIOT.

We rode in the arena, working on our jog. I had the Martingale on him and it is keeping him collected. He did a good job and was sweating just a little on his neck but really sweating under his saddle. I gave him a bath and put him up.

No comments: