Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Saddle Arrived!

I waited all day for it to come and finally had to run some errand when Barry got home.  I returned and it was in the garage.  The rigging is closer up to the tree and the fenders are shortened and on longer strap thingies so I can take them up more.  I will be able to put a longer girth on it now.

The stirrups were not replaced as requested but I know that since the instructions go to New York and are relayed to Eli in Ohio there is room for error.  When the shipping from The Children of the Corn was an issue last week Staci said she wanted to make that up to me.  I later told her I needed a quote on a bridle to match.

When the saddle came in I sent a text to Staci telling her the saddle arrived, the stirrups were not changed and that I would like a quote on a bridle with concho's to match my saddle.  She said she would take care of the stirrups and that the bridles are normally $85 but she would discount it to me for $45 plus she would pay the shipping.  Woot!  Can't wait to see it.

Here is a picture of the saddle now:




Here is the rigging before:
The rigging is significantly higher.  I will hopefully be able to check it out this weekend on Biscuit. 

No comments: