I went out to the barn and pulled up Biscuit. The LeAnn's and I worked on feet. LeAnn P had used the nippers and loved them. They do make things easier. She worked on AmiraSongs feet and we used the nippers to cut down her clubby foot and to cut down the frog. She was working on the bottom of the foot and hit a little blood. Awww..poor girl...her foot looks so bad.
I didn't know that LeAnn had considered putting her down because of her poor clubbed foot as she literally was a three legged horse. She started the bare foot trimming and AmiraSong is doing better and can walk easier. LeAnn soaked her foot and used a diaper and tape to make her a bandage.
I worked on Biscuit's feet and pulled the heel down more. He feet are rock hard because of the thrush medicine I am using. LeAnn helped me with the frog and sole. I don't have much strength in my hands! She also helped me make a bigger Mustang Roll on his hoof with the hole in it. I think that I will be able to get rid of that in about 3 months or so. I am working on it.
LeAnn and I gave him his Panacur Pac wormer - LOL he spit some out and we managed to get it back into his mouth. He was pretty good about it. I walked him down to his pasture and when we passed the ran down shed he leaned in and acted like he was going to nip me. Wow wee..I blew up on him and backed him up fast hollering at him as he went. I don't do bites.