Barry and I went out to the stables to see the horses and take them some alfalfa. I picked up Biscuit's front right hoof and was thrilled to see how it looked.
This was taken last Monday a week ago on August 1st. Lots of black thrush that I have been fighting against. Deep groove on the center sulcus. It is looking better!!!!
This is his left front hoof today. It is looking better but still has a deep cleft center sulcus.
This is his front left hoof last week. Little pockets of thrush I have been fighting and I used the circular knife to cut them out. It looks like it is working! Still got a ways to go on this hoof but we are working to de-contract it and get rid of the thrush for good. This is something I have been fighting with since I got Biscuit!!!
Sarge's feet were done 6 weeks ago tomorrow and they are LONG and overgrown!!! I showed them to Barry a few days ago and again today. I told him that I could easily do Sarge's feet - and to look at Biscuit's feet. He finally said yes, I could do Sarge's feet. Oh well, Thanks Barry!!! It is hard work but it will save me $35 each time and I will be able to keep up with them. So tomorrow or Tuesday I will be doing Sarge's feet.