Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wish List

I added a Wish List to my blog of places that are within a 4 hour drive from here that I would like to ride this year.  Some I have rode and just want to go back!  I want to make a plan to make my list a reality...if I plan for it I can make it happen.  One is to complete all trails in Ebenezer.  That is near and dear to my heart.  I absolutely love Ebenezer...it is beautiful and peaceful there.  Good times with friends and family and I remember how excited I was the first time we rode there.  I had such a good time...stepping over logs, going through little slews, going down Eagles Nest Hill...OMG...I was scared stiff yet excited.  Red was crowding Sarge, his saddle was flipping up in the back and to me it felt like we were going down at a 50 degree angle!!  LOL  I know now it is nothing of a sort but that day it felt like it and seemed to be oh.....a mile down!  I was hooked on trail riding...that is why I bought a horse in the first place and this year is the year to expand and get out more.  I am going to cut back on the number of wedding cakes that I take so we can ride more. 

I am riding Tyrrell Park this month and April will have McKinney Roughs, Ebenezer and probably Tyrrell Park again, too.  I would like to hop over to Boykin on the Ebenezer rides.   Perhaps I can get Barry to go to Kisatchie for Memorial Weekend or at least part of it. 

I should have my new saddle soon and I will need to put some miles on it!


No comments: