Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Saddle Fitting and Trimming Biscuit

Alene and Louise
Louise trying saddle on Legato
Broken Saddle Tree
Broken Tree
Repairing a saddle
Louise moving stuffing around.
Went out to the barn and Lee Anne P has Scottish saddle fitters there!!  Wow wee...they had tons of English saddles and took a saddle of Julia's apart and I got to sew on part of it.  I learned so much!  They were super nice ladies and Lee Anne and I got a big kick out of them.  They come to Texas once a year.  They are Alene Telfer and Louise Smith-Kibaris.  Their company is Stirlingshire Saddle Fitters.

I took Biscuit to the spa and he pulled back and so did I.   I won.  He got in the pool.  We worked on one of Biscuit's feet...the back left. He actually kind of kicked at me...he got a rasp across the butt for that.  I won...he didn't.

I know that he has come a long way in 4 months but I am concerned about the kicking.  Now, granted he didn't haul back and kick out like a crazy horse but he did kick out.  Hum...I will always pay attention when working with his feet.

No comments: